To become a highly productive real estate agent, you MUST….
• You Must Distance Yourself from the Masses
• You Must Understand that your Habits Will Determine Your Future
• You Must change your habits
Negative habits breed negative consequences while successful habits create successful consequences.
You can turn negative consequences into positive rewards by changing your habits NOW
Highly Productive Real Estate Agents accept responsibility 100% of the time
• Accept Responsibility for Their Results.
• They don’t blame the economy, the competition, or their company for dips in production. Instead, the worse things get, the harder they work, the more they generate, the more they follow up, the more they practice their skills.
• They always keep their eyes on the goal.
• Their goals are specific and easy to monitor
• They focus on their outcomes and don’t get distracted by real estate drama.
• They are always generating new business
• They know and understand that goals and targets are there to be exceeded, not just something to aim for.
Highly Productive Real Estate Agents are Determined and Persistent
• They do not take “no” personally nor do they allow it to make them feel like a failure.
• Even when they feel like giving up giving up, they persist toward their goals.
• Self-discipline is critical in their success
• They act with urgency in everything they do
• They maintain a Positive Attitude and always stay “Up” even when the chips are down.
• On the occasions when a deal does go wrong, they bounce back quickly and ask themselves, “What did I learn from this, and how can I prevent it from happening again?”
Highly Productive Real Estate Agents Always Act with Intention
• Every call, every letter, every visit is conducted for a reason.
• They know their intended outcome as well as potential objections before they make contact with a prospect or customer
• Anticipate their customers’ needs and concerns
• They think ahead so they can respond appropriately
Highly Productive Agents are stingy with their Time
• They understand the difference between Urgent and Important. Important is their priority; achieving their goals by providing efficient, superior service to their customers.
• They recognize that Urgent is someone else’s priority thrust upon them.
• They treat other people’s time with respect.
• They are always on time for meetings and appointments.
• Perform all tasks quickly and efficiently, in the minimum of time, always working to meet or be ahead of pre-agreed timelines.
• They have a schedule, they work the schedule, and they know that if something is not in their schedule it does not exist.
• When they are at work, they work and when at home, they are at home
Highly Productive Agents make the commitment to Do What They Don’t Like to do even on the days They Don’t Want To Do It.
• They are pro-active..when things are slow, they spend more time generating.
• If sales are down, they get on the phone and call past clients and COI.
• They prospect daily as a source of generating leads
• They know that Prospecting is for lead generating and follow up is for setting appointments and listing presentations.
Highly Productive Agents commit to years of Hard Work
• They are always learning and Practicing – Role Playing
• Top agents know their product and can answer questions and concerns directly
• They know where to find the answers. Resourceful
• They know what is happening in their market – Focus on trends
• They master scripted presentations – like a Doctor
Productive Agents surround place themselves in a Winning Environment
• They want and need to be around Agents and Brokers dedicated to be the best that they can be.
• They understand there are no short cuts. They understand that there are NO magic pills.
• They understand that to be successful takes focus, consistency and commitment on their part and the part of the people who surround them.
- When they surround themselves with other like-minded people, they are willing to share as well as give advice to help others.
Make a commitment to grow daily
In my office, I personally make a commitment to help someone grow daily.
To change your life you have to change something you do daily.
Question – What changes will you make today to make this your best week ever? Take small steps daily, not giant steps occasionally to reach your goals.
• You first form your habits, then your habits form you.
• Everyday you live you are in the process of becoming… becoming worse or becoming better…
• It’s your choice